Monday, June 28, 2010

HOME SWEET HOME!

DC was a lot of fun. I made it without taking a drink- though I have to admit the thought crossed my mind. Being hot is a really big trigger for me! On Saturday we ate lunch out and right next door there was a New Zealand Restaurant and I couldn't help but think that they would probably have my favorite beer- one that I haven't been able to find in over a year and a half! But- I didn't. And I didn't drink the next day or the next day. Being out and about and eating out a lot, and having different company really tests your will. Thankfully I was with my kids and our tour guides were not drinkers. There was never any pressure to drink. Today was a really crazy day and I know if I can come home today and not grab a bottle then some really hard work has been done.
I always felt like I was an insomniac- but it's pretty amazing how well you can sleep when you aren't drinking. I wasn't even that grumpy this weekend- go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment