Thursday, October 20, 2011

Checking in


My second 5k! I am feeling good and only 10 days until I am on R&R!!!!! The thing about running around a base in Afghanistan- apparently measuring out a 5k is pretty difficult. It is safe to say this run was significantly longer than a 5k! My nike ipod said 5.85- but according to my pace I would have finished a minute sooner than I did in my first race! I have one more 5k this Sunday before I go home. I am so excited. I am also excited that I have a husband who doesn't drink. There will be no pressure to go party... just wonderful time at home with my husband, my kids and our dogs!!

2 comments:

  1. YEAH!! Great for you, glad you are doing well and that you are going home soon!! Hope your family is doing well also, they must miss you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great time! Enjoy it & congrats on the run

    ReplyDelete