Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I Hate Snow

It took me 3 hours to get home from work today. I live 14 miles from there. 
I have never really driven in the snow (ok..not really actually is closer to never). All around me I kept seeing cars doing the exact same thing I was and they were spinning their tires..unable to move. I just kept hoping that I would not be one of the statistics that was stuck on the side of the road. The storm came on stronger than what was predicted so I don't think anyone knew it would be this horrible of a commute. I kept having visions of myself huddled up in my car on the side of the road until the next thaw!
I really really really don't enjoy snow anymore. At All. When I finally pulled into my driveway I sat in the car for a good  little while on the verge of tears. But..I am back in the house now. 
I did have the thought once or twice that if I was still drinking I would have had at least two bottles of wine on a day like this. Instead I turned to chocolate. I know not the most wholesome solution from my woes but honestly, if I could have made the drive to the gym I would have! I just didn't want it to close before I got there!!!

2 comments:

  1. This weather does stink!! Chocolate makes everything better, at least for the moment. Hope your commute is better today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your blog! So glad I found you-I'm following you! Keep blogging!
    I hate the snow too. I'm in NJ and this winter has been a pretty bad one. Driving 3 hours in the snow sounds awful but i'd drive 3 hours every day if I had a car...It's even worse on foot!

    Elizabeth
    www.countingdays.org

    ReplyDelete