Saturday, February 12, 2011

Changing it up

I’ve been thinking a lot about how much time I sit here in front of my laptop doing pretty much of nothing. I really need to find a hobby! I think if I was being productive it would be different but I really just sit here checking out the same websites over and over again. If there is ever any late breaking news I will be all up on it!
My husband and I decided that we are going to make a concerted effort to start reading more. I took the liberty of ordering a lot of books on Amazon. Gotta love those one cent books that you only have to pay for shipping. I’ve always wanted a library- time to start working on that. It will be nice to read books as a sober person and then actually remember what I read. 
What are YOUR favorite books?

3 comments:

  1. I do the same thing. I check and recheck the same sites 100 times a day. Reading is one of my favorite things to do. If you like light hearted mysteries check out Janet Evanovich. Her Stephanie Plum series is the best.
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was out of town for my father-in-law's funeral when you posted the news about your surgery... It must have happened already, so I'm hoping you're OK. :)

    Gosh, my favorite books. I couldn't narrow it down. But recently on facebook I was asked to post my 15 favorite writers, and here they are:

    Kathleen Norris
    Joan Didion
    Mary Karr
    Adrienne Rich
    L.M. Montgomery
    Judy Blume
    Jane Austen
    D.H. Lawrence
    Stephen King
    Charles Reid
    Stephen Mitchell
    Thich Nhat Hanh
    Shakespeare
    Anonymous

    Didn't have room for my all-time favorite children's illustrator, Quentin Blake. ... But "anonymous" allows room for all the anonymous voices in recovery, as well as the great anonymous writers of the past, such as the poet who wrote Beowulf.

    Currently enjoying Mary Pipher's Writing to Change the World.

    Happy reading! take good care. --G

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't know me, I'm not sure how I came across your blog but I wanted to say WAY TO GO!!!! on your soberity. It is a beautiful thing to see your sober days go up.

    Some of my favorite authors this year have been Kristin Hannah and Lisa Wingate. I've read 12 books since the begining of the year all but 2 have been those authors.

    Amanda H

    ReplyDelete