Thursday, August 19, 2010

The night shift

I am 7 1/2 hours into a 14 hour night shift. It's amazing what you can find on the internet to entertain you when you are bored. Hyperbole and a half is giving me the best laugh this evening. Pretty funny stuff. I have 7 days of this shift so I am sure I will be finding a lot of interesting websites.
I made it through my sucky day yesterday- amazing what some ice cream can do for the spirit! I am appreciative for all of the comments and support I get from those who read my blog.  
I have a month and a half left on the contract I am working on now and, though I have a job waiting for me when I am finished, I am not enthusiastic about going back to it- hence the job search.
At the end of today will mark exactly 60 days of sobriety. The thought of having to start my count over again if I drink is a really motivating factor to stay sober. Well, there are a lot of motivating factors- but sometimes when it just comes to the basics, I don't want to have to go thru the first 60 days again.
I am surprised how the desire to drink comes on so strongly sometimes...and other times I don't even think about it. I wonder if it will be like this all the time.
I am so thankful to have my husband who doesn't drink at all. What a blessing he is for me. Well, 6 hours and 20 minutes to go. Time for more internet surfing.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on 60 days. It can be a tough gig, so well done.
    Over time, for me not drinking has changed, I changed. I think that's what happened along the way.
    Now my life is something other, and I'm glad. I never would have found this life from where I was before.
    Good work with the blog, it's been great following the journey.
    Paul

    ReplyDelete